1. Keep Your WP Site LockTight with Sucuri Security 💻
Cost: $199 per year
Sucuri Security is by far one of the most necessary WordPress plugins in the world today. These days, onsite security is everything and Sucuri Security boasts a range of cutting-edge security protocols, encryption technology, and site scanning protocols to keep your WordPress account lock-tight in any situation. You can opt for the free version or get your site scanned every 12 hours on the premium version. As part of the free version, you’ll get a range of built-in services like file integrity monitoring, blacklist monitoring, and constant security notifications and pop-ups. For a nominal $17 a month, the Sucuri Security plugin will run an end-to-end site auditing service every 12 hours.
Sucuri Security features include:
- Security activity auditing
- File integrity monitoring
- Post-hack security actions
- Firewall protection
- Remote malware scanning
- Blacklist monitoring
- Security hardening
- Frequent security notifications
2. Get the Need for Speed with WP Rocket 🚀
Cost: $49 to $249 per year
One of the original website optimization plugins for WordPress, WP Rocket is hands down one of the top WordPress plugins for optimizing page speed and increasing website performance. The plugin speeds up your website, reduces loading times, and caches your pages for quick viewing. WP Rocket is especially helpful for eCommerce businesses and online stores, where you can seamlessly refine and archive your product range without overloading your site.
WP Rocket features include:
- Caching options for mobile site users.
- Multi-page caching for quick viewing.
- Preloading and caching pages.
- Limiting HTTP requests and reducing loading times.
3. Get them shopping with WooCommerce 🛍️
Cost: Free, with a percentage taken for every online purchase made
Convert your blog or website into a fantastic online store with the WooCommerce platform. Embed products, create checkout navigation, craft CTA’s, and boost product descriptions anywhere on your website. The plugin is free to download and comes with no monthly subscriptions. You’ll only pay once a purchase is complete of 2.9% + $0.30 handling fee. You can customize your webpage to the moon and back and place the right products in front of your target audience to maximum effect.
WooCommerce features include:
- Multiple themes, templates, and formats
- Unrestricted customization across the entire site
- A built-in blogging function and content publishing platform
- The ability to embed products, checkout points, and landing pages
- Filters, tags, and categories for more straightforward site navigation.
- Onsite product ratings and reviews
- Unlimited product capping
4. Grow Your Business with AffiliateWP 🛍️
Cost: $149 to $299 per year
AffiliateWP is an end-to-end affiliate marketing plugin designed specifically for WordPress. The plugin makes it easy for beginners and advanced affiliates alike to set up their onsite affiliate program and recruit online advertisers to boost their website traction with various products and services. In addition to paid advertising, publishers can generate higher exposure for their site with a list of dedicated incentives for affiliates that bring in conversions.
Affiliate WP features include:
- The ability to onboard an unlimited number of affiliates.
- Integration with other top eCommerce platforms
- Affiliate coupon tracking.
- The ability to generate unlimited creatives and templates.
- Real-time reporting, tracking, and analytics
5. Race to Page 1 with Yoast 🏆
Cost: $99 per year for one website + free version
The Yoast SEO plugin shows that you’re always using the best onsite SEO practices across all pages. The plugin acts as a real-time SEO analyzing tool, pinpointing where you can enhance your SEO writing efforts to rank higher on the Google search engine and improve your readability. The premium subscription also unlocks a host of templates for titles and meta descriptions and highlights deadlines. It suggests strong keywords that you can use to boost your site content engagement and authority. The Yoast SEO plugin has 5M+ active installations and 350M+ downloads.
Yoast features include:
- Keyword placement for better site optimization and ranking
- Auditing and the elimination of dead links from your site
- Previews for how best to boost and share your site content on social channels
- Real-time readability, quality, and link suggestions while writing
- Access to the Yoast SEO academy for various SEO-specific tutorials
6. Keep Image Size Top of Mind, with Smush 🎨
Cost: $19 per month
No matter how epic the content, your site can drop to page 3 for something as simple as forgetting to resize your images. The Smush WP plugin improves overall site speed by reducing the size of your images while speeding up loading times. Smush automatically compresses and scales onsite images while backing up the originals.
Smush features include:
- The ability to resize unlimited images in a few clicks.
- 2x compression feature for a much faster loading time
- The ability to backup all original images.
- Automatic resizing and scaling for any image size
Essential Website Monetization Strategies.
While these must-have WordPress plugins 2022 automate various onsite tasks and workflows, they will always work best with optimized sites that bring in the most traffic possible. If you are looking to boost your onsite audience, harness top-tier traffic, and earn passive revenue from your site for years to come, check out these Essential Website Monetization Strategies for 2022.